MINIMUM QUANTITY LUBRICATION (MQL)
Add versatility to your Haas mill by adding Minimum Quantity Lubrication. The Haas Minimum Quantity Lubrication (MQL) system delivers a steady flow of compressed air and a small quantity of cutting oil directly to the cutting tool or tap, which reduces heat, removes chips, and provides lubrication. It’s not much oil, but it is just the right amount to be effective. This extends tool life, and in some cases, eliminates the requirement for coolant during milling operations.
Note: The MQL system is an addition to the Haas Automatic Air Gun (AAG) option. You’ll need both to make the system work, but that’s no problem, because you’ll be able to utilize the air gun to cut back on your need for coolant.
• Fully integrated with the Haas control
• MQL comes with an oil reservoir, spray nozzle, and pressure gauge regulator
• Does not need a separate air supply
• Coarse and fine adjustment of cutting fluid delivery
• Activated through M-codes (M83/84), or manually
• Improved tool life
• Reduced chip welding
• Improved part quality
• Cleaner machine inside and out
• Chips are dry and ready to be recycled
• In some applications, MQL eliminates the requirement for flood coolant